6th APRIL 2020
Home minister Amit shah approves Rs 11,092 crore for all states to deal with coronavirus
- The Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit Shah has approved the release of Rs. 11,092 crores to all States under the State Disaster Risk Management Fund (SDRMF) for 2020-21 after the Chief Ministers raised the issue of lack of funds in the state during a meeting through video conferencing with Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi.
Bione launches India’s 1st home screening test kit for COVID-19
- To take the test using the kit one has to clean the finger with an alcohol swab and use the lancet provided to finger-prick & the provided cartridge reads the results within 5-10 minutes.
- The prices of the kit ranges from Rs. 2,000 to 3,000 & it will be delivered within 2-3 days of ordering.
- The easy-to-use kit will be deployed in the market after quality checks & approvals from the regulatory authority.
- Regardless of the results in the screening kit, the company advises people to undergo laboratory testing if someone shows signs of coronavirus.
- Earlier the company had also developed a Microbiome test kit to check gut dysbiosis and also genetic tests to predict susceptibility to contagious diseases.
ICMR: Indian Council of Medical Research
Formation: 1911 (as IRFA – Indian Research Fund Association), 1949 renamed to ICMR
Headquarters: New Delhi
Headquarters: New Delhi
Coronavirus: IIT Roorkee in association with AIIMS-Rishikesh prepares low-cost portable ventilator ‘Prana-vayu’
- IIT (Indian Institute of Technology)- Roorkee, Uttarakhand in collaboration with AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, has developed a low-cost portable ventilator called ‘Prana-vayu’ costing just Rs.25,000.
- The commercial product will be around 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet for better portability.
- This closed loop ventilator equipped with state-of-the-art facilities & can prove useful in ensuring the safety of coronavirus (Covid-19) patients.
- The ventilator is based on the controlled operation of the prime mover to deliver the required amount of air to the patient. Its automatic process regulates the pressure and flow rate according to breathing and release. The ventilator also has an arrangement that can control the tidal volume and breathe per minute.
- The ventilator is beneficial for patients of all ages, especially the elderly, with being useful in major obstructions of the respiratory tract.
- The research began at the Tinkering Laboratory in IIT-Roorkee by a team of IIT Roorkee consists of Prof. Akshay Dvivedi and Prof. Arup Kumar Das who received online support from Debendra Tripathi from AIIMS, Rishikesh.
SEBI whole time member (WTM) Madhabi Puri Buch gets 6 month extension
- The Government has extended the appointment of Madhabi Puri Bach as a whole time member (WTM) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) by a period of 6 months (till October 4, 2020).
- She was appointed as a WTM of SEBI for a period of 3 years in April 2017 whereas all the appointed members and Chairman of SEBI were only men from the public sector, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) or the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
Madhabi Puri Bach: She was not only the first woman to be appointed as a WTM of SEBI but also the first person from the private sector. In SEBI, she handles a range of departments from market and market intermediaries regulation to integrated surveillance and economic and policy analysis.
2022 Asian Games mascot “smart triplets” unveiled at digital ceremony in Hangzhou, China
- The official mascots of the 19th Asian Games, to be from 10 to 25 September 2022, were unveiled at a 20 minutes digital launch ceremony in Hangzhou, China. The ceremony was conducted online due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are three mascots namely Congcong, Lianlian and Chenchen, which represents the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) World Heritage sites of Hangzhou in eastern China.
- These three mascots for the XIX Asiadare collectively known as the “smart triplets”.
- Congcong– It represents the Archaeological Ruins of Liangzhu City. It takes yellow, the colour of earth and bumper harvest, as the main tone.
- Lianlian– It represents the West Lake and green is its main tone as green stands for life and nature.
- Chenchen– It represents the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal with blue color as the main tone as latter represents science and technology.
Asian Games 2022:
It should be noted that these will be the third Asian Games to be hosted by China following Beijing 1990 and Guangzhou 2010.
Motto: Heart to Heart, @Future
Location: Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Hockey India donates additional 75 lakh rupees towards PM-CARES Fund.
- US President Donald Trump had requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to supply hydroxychloroquine tablet that can be used to treat COVID-19 patients..
Latest Current Affairs: 6 April 2020
4/ 5Oleh Arvind Parmar