Current Affairs: 1st APRIL 2020
Maharashtra and Telangana Government announce major salary cuts due to COVID-19
- The Maharashtra government had cut 60% of the salary from the chief minister and other members of Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council and other representatives and the local governing bodies. The Class A and Class B employees of the government are to take 50% of the cut. There will be no salary cut for Class D employees.
- The state of Telangana had announced to cut 75% of salary from the Chief Minister, member of legislative assembly and state minister.
Formation: 1 May 1960
Governor: Bhagat singh Koshyari
Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
Deputy Chief Minister: Ajit Pawar
Legislature Seats: Legislative Council: 78, Legislative Assembly: 288
Parliament Seats: Lok Sabha: 48, Rajya Sabha: 19
Formation: 2 June 2014
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Chief Minister: K. Chandrashekhar Rao
Parliament Seats: Lok Sabha: 17, Rajya Sabha: 7
Indian Railway offer 3.2 lakh isolation beds
- Indian railway modified 20,000 coaches to accommodate 3.2 lakh people. The Indian Railway creates this isolation beds in coaches to treat COVID-19 patient. One single couch has 16 beds of isolation. This coaches also have nurse cabins. Only non-AC coaches are converted in to Isolation couch.
Founded: 8 May 1845; 174 years ago
Headquarters: New Delhi
Minister of Railway: Piyush Goyal
Minister of State Railway: Suresh Angadi
Chairman: Vinod Kumar Yadav
Owner: Government of India
Division: 18 zones
Bear Bile as a cure for COVID-19: China
- The Chinese Government has put on a list of medicine that shall be used to treat corona virus.
- It include both western and Chinese traditional. This traditional medicine include bear bile.
- The use of Bear bile in Chinese medicine is being done for more than 1,300 years now. Liver secretes bile juice and the gall bladder store it.
- The Ursodeoxycholic acid in the bear bile is the curing component of COVID-19. It is also called Ursodiol. It is helpful in treating liver dieses and dissolving Gall stones. But extracting of bile is very painful process.
Piyush Goyal participates in virtual meeting of G20 Trade and Investment Ministers
- The G20 Trade and Investment Ministers meeting was held virtually where Union Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal participated through video conference.
G20: Group of Twenty
Formation: 26 September 1999; 20 years ago
Membership: 20 Member; Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Republic of Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), and European Union (EU). Spain is a permanent guest invitee to the G20.
Chairman: King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Current Presidency: Saudi Arabia
3 lakh crop loan interest benefits to farmers till 31 May: Central Government
- The government has extended the benefit of 2% interest subvention (IS) to banks and 3% prompt repayment incentive (PRI) to all farmers up to May 31, 2020 for all crop loans up to 3 lakh which have become due or are becoming due between March 1 and May 31, 2020. The decision has been taken due to the national lockdown situation to prevent Covid-19 infection.
Pathodetect Covid-19 Kit: First Indian made testing tool
- Virologist Minal Dakhave Bhosale from Pune had headed the designing team for the coronavirus testing kit called ‘Mylab PathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit’. She is the research and development chief of Mylab Discovery Solutions in Pune, the first Indian company have received full approval to make and sell Covid-19 testing kits.
- Mylab Discovery Solutions, Pune-based molecular diagnostics company had created a history by developing the first made in India for Covid-19 diagnostic test kits (also known as the Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests) in a six weeks of time period.
- Mylab has received clearance from Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to manufacture the COVID-19 Qualitative kit. The Mylab COVID-19 kit has been evaluated at Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
Corona Kavach: corona virus tracking app by Government of India
- The Government of India has launched a Coronavirus risk-tracking Application (app) called “Corona Kavach”. The app was jointly developed by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology & the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The app uses a person’s location to assess whether they are in the high risk geographical zone or not and the app is available on the Google Play Store.
Tokyo Olympic rescheduled to 23 July to 8 August in 2021
- The organizers of IOC (International Olympic Committee) announced the 32nd edition of rescheduled dates of Tokyo Olympics that will be held in Tokyo, Japan from July 23 to August 8, 2021, almost exactly a year after the games were to commence in 2020.
- The Paralympics dates were also confirmed from August 24 to September 5, 2021.
- ICICI Banks launches banking services on Whatsapp.
- BharatPe partners with ICICI Lombard to launch ‘COVID-19 protection insurance cover’ for shopkeepers.
- Ministry of Tourism launched ‘Stranded in India’ portal to help foreign tourists stuck in India.
- Legendary historian Arjun Dev passes away at 81.
- Nagaland CM launched Self Declaration COVID-19 App.
- Expo 2020 could be postponed by year which was scheduled to take place in Dubai.
- Uttar Pradesh state chief minister has
transferred Rs.. 611cr in accounts of MNREGA workers.
Latest Current Affairs: 1st April 2020
4/ 5Oleh Arvind Parmar